Monday, May 17, 2010

Weekend of triple celebrations. :: Makan time! :: No mambo. :: Bad Romance.

Can't wait for the Lady Gaga episode of Glee next week! :) Had a crazy weekend, lotsa happiness and love going around... had a 27 Dresses moment, running from event to event. But it was worth it, esp the double bday celebrations... think rainy evening indoors, with the usual great company over at the Izakaya. The staff was friendly and nice and sang the bday songs raucously. Oden and Japanese tapas coupled with beers... Aahh... on a rainy evening... double Aahhhs... :D After a sweltering afternoon at Chinatown with mum... it was a good way to round up the day!! :)

Another wedding this weekend, a colleague's one, I've been roped in as it was a last minute affair, am crossing my fingers and hoping it will go well! Again... another 27 Dresses moment, haha. 

Anyways, hoping for good news this week and looking forward to working on my thesis. S is back and totally raving about Aussie land... I think she is trying to get all of us to go over as well. She seems... particularly enamored by the guys there, C and I think something's happened over there... haha. Can't wait to meet up with her! :)

Tried out Nando's today... finally! Hmm... lotsa teething problems, ventilation was down when I was down last week, but when I finally got down today... the service was impeccable! Very helpful and friendly... or was it just our table? I almost felt rude when the manager came over to say good afternoon and I could not catch what he was saying and proceeded to make my order... but glad we cleared that up, haha. Hmm... But on to the food... love the grilled chicken!! :D It was tender and succulent and juicy... and I had a great time experimenting with the different sauces... I like the Extra Hot one but it really got my tastebuds tingling! Mixed it with the garlic sauce and Hot sauce... too bad most drinks were not available... and the chicken liver too... apparently it's C's fav! The menu is different from the outlet in London, wonder how the Aussie and KL outlets are. But overall it was a a good meal with a great pal... so though my sinus was acting up today, I am a happy gal! :))

Will make this a quick one, am recovering from the weekend. Am coming up with a list of things to do, might have to cut Mambo night from it coz my friends feel that it will just be a hotbed of younger guys picking me up.... seriously?! Hmmm... But no matter the snide remarks... actually seems to be from this one guy friend and a gal pal yesterday. Anyways, I believe tt one can still appreciate a Joshua Bell concert... AND Glee! :D 

Have a good week everyone.... and try not to get into a Bad Romance! ;) Esp like Kurt's voice in this song.. btw the lyrics to this song seem full of innuendoes, as with most Lady Gaga's songs; btw, a student shared this in the culture industries module this semester: an article on the "occult meaning" of Lady Gaga's Bad Romance - make what you will of the article. :)





Bad Romance - Glee cover



Oh-oh-oh-oh-oooh!
Oh-oh-oooh-oh-oh!
Caught in a bad romance



Oh-oh-oh-oh-oooh!
Oh-oh-oooh-oh-oh!
Caught in a bad romance



Rah-rah-ah-ah-ah!
Roma-Roma-ma-ah!
Ga-ga-ooh-la-la!
Want your bad romance



Rah-rah-ah-ah-ah!
Roma-Roma-ma-ah!
Ga-ga-ooh-la-la!
Want your bad romance



I want your ugly
I want your disease
I want your everything
As long as it’s free


I want your love
Love-love-love
I want your love

I want your drama
The touch of your hand


I want you leather studded kiss in the scene
And I want your love
Love-love-love
I want your love
Love-love-love
I want your love

You know that I want you
And you know that I need you


I want a bad,your bad romance

I want your loving
And I want your revenge
You and me could write a bad romance


I want your loving
All your love is revenge
You and me could write a bad romance



Oh-oh-oh-oh-oooh!
Oh-oh-oooh-oh-oh!
Caught in a bad romance



Oh-oh-oh-oh-oooh!
Oh-oh-oooh-oh-oh!
Caught in a bad romance



Rah-rah-ah-ah-ah!
Roma-Roma-ma-ah!
Ga-ga-ooh-la-la!
Want your bad romance



I want your horror
I want your design
‘Cause you’re a criminal
As long as your mine
I want your love


Love-love-love
I want your love

I want your psycho
Your vertical stick


Want you in my room
When your baby is sick
I want your love
Love-love-love
I want your love
Love-love-love
I want your love



You know that I want you
And you know that I need you
I want a bad,your bad romance

I want your loving
And I want your revenge
You and me could write a bad romance


I want your loving
All your love is revenge
You and me could write a bad romance



Oh-oh-oh-oh-oooh!
Oh-oh-oooh-oh-oh!
Caught in a bad romance



Oh-oh-oh-oh-oooh!
Oh-oh-oooh-oh-oh!
Caught in a bad romance



Rah-rah-ah-ah-ah!
Roma-Roma-ma-ah!
Ga-ga-ooh-la-la!
Want your bad romance



Rah-rah-ah-ah-ah!
Roma-Roma-ma-ah!
Ga-ga-ooh-la-la!
Want your bad romance



Walk walk fashion baby
Work it
Move that bitch crazy


Walk walk fashion baby
Work it
Move that bitch crazy


Walk walk fashion baby
Work it
Move that bitch crazy


Walk walk fashion baby
Work it
Imma Freak bitch baby

I want your love
And I want your revenge
I want your love
I don’t wanna be friends



Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ta revenge

Je veux ton amour
Oh-oh-oh-oh-oooh!
Oh-oh-oooh-oh-oh!
Caught in a bad romance



Oh-oh-oh-oh-oooh!
Oh-oh-oooh-oh-oh!
Caught in a bad romance



I want your loving
And I want your revenge
You and me could write a bad romance


I want your loving
and all your love is revenge
You and me could write a bad romance



Oh-oh-oh-oh-oooh!
Oh-oh-oooh-oh-oh!
Caught in a bad romance



Oh-oh-oh-oh-oooh!
Oh-oh-oooh-oh-oh!
Caught in a bad romance



Rah-rah-ah-ah-ah!
Roma-Roma-ma-ah!
Ga-ga-ooh-la-la!
Want your bad romance

No comments: