Sunday, August 16, 2009

Two weekends. :: Food fest :: Just dance

It's been a flurry of activities for the last two weekends, did not have a chance to make a note about last weekend, the long National Day weekend, and this weekend is upon us! I shall endeavour to make a quick note of both weekends, which do not do justice to the weekends, but that's the best I can do for now, and there are pictures on FB as well! :) Already C has dropped a line to ask about this picture of me and a delish steak sandwich. haha.

Long National Day weekend

FRI :: Brought grandmother out to Ion Orchard, tried Canton-i and Gusttimo. :: Heard about the terrible service at Gusttimo, but had a very pleasant experience with prompt and attentive wait staff. :: More than three hours of driving. :: Free fruits and refreshing coconut juice. ::

SAT :: Dropped by Tampines to pay long overdue visit to C&F and baby Lauralynn. :: Missed Fish n Co. :: Bought strawberry and cream puffs, reserved 7 more. :: Saw F's new wheels since we last met. :: Afternoon with CnF and baby Lauralynn. :: At a loss for baby talk. :: Catching up with CnF. :: Mummy's looks, Daddy's girl. :: One hour of baby interaction is draining enough, how does C do it everyday? :: Tour of house - my first pink kitchen! :: Dinner time - Missed out on meal at Changi :: Travelling from East to West, good thing I reserved the puffs, sold out when I got there. :: Lone figure under the street lamp. :: Drive over to Da Paolo. :: Picking out our dinner, National Day cupcakes. :: Dinner with the gals, Yummilicious food, lovely drinks! :: Nachos!! :: Cranium with J and the gals after dinner. :: Pulled off an imitation I thought I could never pull off, sign of C's faith in me, ha. :: Midnight sweets! :: Sleepover after a long day, but not before Facebooking at C's sleepover and doing our nails. :: Thanks C!!

SUN :: Sun's out and so are we! :: Service at Shoots.' :: Introduced Shoots to dim sum brunch at VK. :: Hits and misses. :: Leaving the lovelies to their shopping. :: VnJ's. :: Flowers, airconditioning and domestication. :: Liberation! :: Driving Miss and Mr Foodies. :: Food trail at Joo Chiat. :: The Beer Room: Beer is wonderful! :: Of Hobgoblins, Circusmaster and Wytchcraft:: Second round of dim sum for the day - fluffy char siew buns! :: Otahs. :: Delightful moist Hokkien Mee and my first encounter with Tau Kwa Pao. :: Sunset drive. :: Delightful magaritas on a hot National Day. :: Of good dwarfs and Saboteurs. :: Otah, drinks and conversation. :: Plans. :: Quick Citadels session. :: Cooking a cook out! :: Sacrifices for good food. :: afc. :: Chatting till we sleep. :: How sleepovers are rarely about sleep. :: The light pitter patter of rain.

MON :: Sleeping in on a rainy morning. :: Sleepy faces, happy people. :: Homemade breakfast - eggs and toast. :: More afc. :: Heavy lids. :: Postponing lunch appts. :: Singing in the rain. :: Love my friends. :: Room cleaning at home. :: Tired but fulfilled. :: End of a long weekend, a new semester begins.

And after a week of the onset of the flu, another weekend beckons. Was really happy to see familiar faces in school this week, even if it's just one lecture on Tues!

FRI :: Last min cancellations. :: Dinner with familar faces. :: New makan hangout. :: Dessert hunt, ended up at The Pump Room. :: Good live act, less than adequate sound system. :: Tower challenge. :: Reminiscing of drinking holes and hang outs. :: Talking everything under the sun under the moonlight.

SAT :: Wardrobe decisions, emergency calls. :: Dinner at Liang Court. :: Bellini Grande. :: Cooler babes than dudes. :: Gold 90.5. :: Soul Kool. :: Broiler brought to Bellini. :: Black label. :: Birthday boy turns 30! :: Wierd turn of events. :: Mambo Night at Bellini. :: Music picks up at midnight. :: Lady Gaga's selection done live! :: Just dance!:: Picking up someone requires a lot of timing, trying your luck when someone else is out cold is not one of them. :: Emergency calls. :: Eventful evening. :: Home at 5, in bed at 8.

Was planning a quiet non-eventful weekend, but surprises kept coming up. No matter, I am gonna hang my dancing shoes and settle down to my work and studies with the advent of the new semester!

Missed the Lady Gaga concert this week, A and J enjoyed it lots, picked a song tonight which reminded me of the good music mix last night! :)




Just dance - Lady Gaga

I've had a little bit too much, much
All of the people start to rush, start to rush by
How does he twist the dance? Can't find a drink, oh man
Where are my keys? I lost my phone, phone

What's going on on the floor?
I love this record baby but I can't see straight anymore
Keep it cool, what's the name of this club?
I can't remember but it's alright, a-alright

Just dance, gonna be okay, da da doo-doo-mmm
Just dance, spin that record babe, da da doo-doo-mmm
Just dance, gonna be okay, d-d-d-dance
Dance, dance, just, j-j-just dance

Wish I could shut my playboy mouth, oh oh oh-oh
How'd I turn my shirt inside out? Inside outright
Control your poison babe, roses have thorns they say
And we're all getting hosed tonight, oh oh oh-oh

What's going on on the floor?
I love this record baby but I can't see straight anymore
Keep it cool, what's the name of this club?
I can't remember but it's alright, a-alright

Just dance, gonna be okay, da da doo-doo-mmm
Just dance, spin that record babe, da da doo-doo-mmm
Just dance, gonna be okay, d-d-d-dance
Dance, dance, just, j-j-just

When I come through on the dance floor checkin' out that catalog
Can't believe my eyes, so many women without a flaw
And I ain't gon' give it up, steady tryin' to pick it up like a car
I'ma hit it, I'ma hit it and flex and do it until tomorr' yeah

Shawty I can see that you got so much energy
The way you're twirlin' up them hips 'round and 'round
And now there's no reason at all why you can't leave here with me
In the meantime stay and let me watch you break it down

And dance, gonna be okay, da da doo-doo-mmm
Just dance, spin that record babe, da da doo-doo-mmm

Just dance, gonna be okay, da da doo-doo-mmm
Just dance, spin that record babe, da da doo-doo-mmm
Just dance, gonna be okay, d-d-d-dance
Dance, dance, just, j-j-just dance

Woo! Let's go!

Half psychotic, sick, hypnotic
Got my blueprint, it's symphonic
Half psychotic, sick, hypnotic
Got my blueprint electronic

Half psychotic, sick, hypnotic
Got my blueprint, it's symphonic
Half psychotic, sick, hypnotic
Got my blueprint electronic

Go! Use your muscle, carve it out, work it, hustle
I got it, just stay close enough to get it
Don't slow! Drive it, clean it, lights out, bleed it
Spend the lasto
(I got it)
In your pocko
(I got it)
Just dance, spin that record babe, da da doo-doo-mmm

Just dance, gonna be okay, da da doo-doo-mmm
Just dance, spin that record babe, da da doo-doo-mmm
Just dance, gonna be okay, d-d-d-dance
Dance, dance, just, j-j-just dance

No comments: