Friday, June 12, 2009

Hearts Pearl of the Orient! :: Hits the ground running upon touch down.

Am back from HK!! Had a brilliant time there, think we gals really did a lot, in this whirlwind trip - we covered q bit of the touristy stuff, as well as indulged in HK's gastronomically blissful food, HK really is a foodie's paradise... and we walked off most of it during our shopping stints, though tummy shots are taken with a hint of reluctance... ha. :) All in all, we covered most of Central, our hotel's at the mid-levels, Aberdeen, Ap Lei Chau (the warehouse sales outlets), Stanley Village, Repulse Bay, Mongkok area, Jordan, Temple Street, Tsim Sha Tsui, Causeway Bay, Avenue of the Stars, took the Star Ferry, Lan Kwai Fong, The Peak and The Peninsular for its legendary tea (L managed to pull some strings and we skipped the LONG queue... felt bad as L's mum treated us on top of getting us prime seats and getting us through without queuing!). In between, we had food as and when, from quaint tea houses with utensils older than myself, to the cafes, street food and restaurants (Maxim's for dim sum!). Will elaborate more on the trip to HK and my thoughts on HK in later posts when I've time - I'm now going through readings on youth, online culture, privacy for my thesis new draft and tt's all I'll say for now. ;)

Shopping, as usual, did not catch my eye much, no bags but bought more than enough shoes and I managed to buy Roasted Goose and Roasted Meat for my family, much to my parents' delight! It was hell bringing my stuff back though... my body was aching most of this week. Thank god the weather there was generally sunny in HK, mum said tt it was raining when I wasn't around and it got swelteringly hot since I got back!

Had a meeting with the sup the day after I got back... quite jet-lagged as I survived on about three hours of sleep every night, with J and S telling me where to check out... part of me wonders abt the latest Mongkok acid attack and how it happened right after we got back. Will just take it as J's lucky star shining on me as well as the prayers my grandparents n mum said every night I wasn't ard. ;)

Had a brief but productive meeting with the sup the day after I got back. Am psyched because of new developments for my thesis. It will mean a lot of hard work and lotsa amendments as well as procedures I'd have to go through from now on but I appreciate her candor and her suggestions. It may seem that I agreed too readily to her requests, but tt's because I've also thought through these questions myself before the meeting and I'm glad we are on the same page. I'm not afraid of hard work, as long as I think it is worth it. Same rule applies to other aspects of my life. ;)

Exciting stuff coming along, schedule's gonna be crazy, the sup also warned me about it... abt being strategic in my thesis... and maybe I am crazy but I'm totally lapping it up and loving it! :) Maybe I do love tutoring and teaching, as well as research... just tt I find it challenging to handle both simultaneously. Almost like having an affair or dating multiple guys at the same time. :p But I shall leave this conundrum to another day and focus on getting my thesis done first.

Basically, whatever happens in HK stays in HK, besides the food and cheesy pics we gals took. ;) Will discuss the juicy bits as and when I meet up with the rest, though it seems like all my June weekends are already booked! :) Also reached a conclusion about some other bits of my life during the trip, when I talked to S and J about it. I am better off without some people in my life. There's only so much nonsense that I can take from some ppl, even if they try to present a BFF front. Well well, on and forward!

A song from a local tv series, The Ultimatum, which I sit through with my mum on evenings when I am home. Basically I only listen out for the theme song and then go though my readings as she watches the show, so don't ask me what the plot is! :) M probably knows y I like the lyrics of the song though! Will try out this song the next time I go a-ktv-ing. ;)

《双子星》主题曲:寂寞光年-刘力杨

是谁从我天空摘走了星星
一转眼 眉头聚满乌云
从来快乐悲伤都自己横行
忘了我也值得被关心

一双手一个梦
一路上不断的俯冲
痛到忘了要怎么喊痛

漫长的寂寞淹没我的难过
我的世界是零下的沙漠
其实我也想要拥抱的温柔
融化这颗坚强的泡沫

漫长的等候让人特别失落
锋锐寂寞把天空都割破
还有谁能够紧握着我的手
陪着我期待消失的彩虹

是谁将阳光都剪成了雨滴
天灰了 快乐总有限期
从来都陷在孤独的流沙里
忘了我也配被人在意
一个人一直走看着梦像做了又空
精疲力尽有没有哪里可以停泊

漫长的寂寞淹没我的难过
我的世界是零下的沙漠
其实我也想有拥抱的温柔
融化这颗坚强的泡沫

漫长的等候让人特别失落
锋锐寂寞把天空都割破
还有谁能够紧握着我的手
陪着我期待消失的彩虹
那是谁的温柔留在我的小手
微不足道却那么重

漫长的寂寞把意志都吞没
整个世界是沉默的漩涡
有谁能陪我手牵着手出走
带我离开空洞的星球

还有什么值得追求
还有什么可以拥有
把怀抱借给我是不是就不再颤抖
有谁能带走这美丽的哀愁
能让我相信被爱的理由

No comments: