Friday, May 8, 2009

A love that will last :: Happy 1st week to TMG &TK!

So many thoughts, so little time to pen/blog them down. I've been caught up in a flurry of activities in the last week. It was tough deciding on which to pen down tonight but I think I will focus on my friends instead of myself for a change tonight. :)

A week ago today, I attended a wedding, both church and the dinner, which made me feel that love is possible. This is a pretty tall order coming from someone like myself, but I do think that there are some moments in our lives which takes our breath away. I had exactly one of those moments at TMG's wedding last Fri.

It was one of the best weddings I've ever attended. It wasn't because of the lovely decorations, it wasn't the lovely gowns, it wasn't the great music accompaniment (always important in a wedding), and it wasn't the nice food or settings in the church and Rasa Sentosa. It was all of that, and more. It was the palpable love between TMG and TK, the silly grins at certain points of the celebration, the looks of tenderness that were exchanged and the look of serenity and bliss on both their faces.

Maybe it is because I know TMG and TK as a couple since they started dating, but this wedding held some significance for me. At some points that day, I felt wistful as I thought about some what could have beens for me. But in the course of the day, I realised and felt that TMG and TK really have what it takes to not only get together, but also to stay together. I never really understood from all my previous relationships when my partners mention the idea of love and its place in a relationship. But when I see TMG and TK, the looks they exchange, the nuances in their speech and actions, I think I'm beginning to understand what a healthy, loving relationship between a couple is all about. I understand that nothing is a guarantee, but it's about knowing ourselves, our partner and knowing that he/she is worth it. That can't be measured, even difficult to ascertain, but we know it when we see it and I saw it, bright and clear as the day last Friday.

Therefore, when my mum asked me last Fri night how the wedding was, my reply was simple: It was romantic (sunset by the beach no less!), the company was great (catching up with K and S), food wasn't half bad as well. But I think that as memory of the wedding fades into the other weddings I will attend, this wedding will still be one of the best I will ever attend. Because it was real, heartfelt and to me, a testament that true love does exist. Even us cynics know a real deal when we see one.

So to TMG and T, it's been a week of marital bliss for you guys, here's wishing you many more good years ahead and for keeping it real for the rest of us, that love is not a bed of roses, but knowing that the other person is worth riding out the tough times with and that letting go is no longer an option. Cheers. :)

Tonight's song is a song that TMG serenaded TK with during the dinner. Definitely one of the highlights of the evening, even though there were many many lovely songs that day, from Barry White to The Beatles. :) This song has very apt lyrics as well.


At Last - Eva Cassidy
At last, my love has come along
My lonely days are over
And life is like a song
Oh, yeah, at last
The skies above are blue
My heart was wrapped up in clovers
The night I looked at you
I found a dream that I could speak to
A dream that I can call my own
I found a thrill to press my cheek to
A thrill that I have never known
Oh, yeah when you smile, you smile
Oh, and then the spell was cast
And here we are in heaven
For you are mine
At last

No comments: