Monday, May 11, 2009

Craziness is over! Hols begin with a full blown flu.

Turned down an invite to spend the weekend in Bintan to spend Mothers' Day in Spore and to fulfill the outstanding social engagements which have been put on hold because of work. Most of my friends have been aghast at the stuff that has been happening at work and most of them had bigger reactions than myself. Maybe I'm just glad that it's over and done with, though not without more drama in the emails, asking to bring forward the date and time, more assumptions and accusations which needed clearing up. Came to the point where I had to suppress an inward groan when it comes to checking my emails. What's the point in letting emotions get in the way? Just focus on the task at hand, handle it professionally and move on to my hols.

And my hols began with a bang.... with me getting the full blown flu/cold which have been bugging me for part of the semester. But better now than earlier I guess. :) But being sick sucks. Big time. :s Am trying to survive on getting more rest and some medication already at hand.

Sore throat kicked in on Saturday before we caught Star Trek the movie... which by the way is really not bad! Don't need to worry if one is not a Trekkie, I am not one... JJ Abrams did a brilliant job - plot had its usual JJ Abrams' twists but none too convoluted. Great effects and I think the casting was v apt as well! I was lucky to watch it with someone familiar with it and he managed to explain some of the background to me during and after the movie. I think my favourite character was Zachary Quinto, who is brilliant as Sylar in Heroes and also a very good Spock. Live long and Prosper. :)

Also received news about some friends who had been publicly interfering with my private affairs a while back, which might have had implications for the events which happened lately. To publicly interfere with who I am seeing or not seeing without my knowledge and then play the neutral card is just plain hypocritical and a sycophant. Am mulling over the new information and feeling pretty mixed. Anyway.

Can't wait for Angels and Demons to open this week.... my friends myself visited most of the key places mentioned in Rome and the Vatican City mentioned in the book and we can't wait to point out more discrepencies! :p However, the book remains my fav among Dan Brown's books because of the discussion of the tension between religion and science/logic. And also, Ewan McGregor is in the movie.

Love this song by David Tao and Jolin Tsai, makes me happy when I hear it. Given the recent marital bliss by friends such as TMG and TK, and Mediacorp celebs Michelle Chia and Shaun Chen, I think this song is q apt! :) Friends have been asking me about my recent posts and actually, I am not against marriage in general and I am really glad that my close friends and loved ones have found their happiness. Just that I feel maybe marriage is not for everyone. :)

今天你要嫁給我

作詞:陶吉吉/娃娃 作曲:陶吉吉 女聲:蔡依林

陶喆:
春暖的花開帶走冬天的感傷 微風吹來浪漫的氣息
每一首情歌忽然充滿意義 我就在此刻突然見到你

Jolin:
春暖的花香帶走冬天的淒寒 微風吹來意外的愛情
鳥兒的高歌拉近我們距離 我就在此刻突然愛上你

合唱:
聽我說 手牽手跟我一起走 創造幸福的生活
昨天你來不及 明天就會可惜 今天嫁給我好嗎

RAP:
Jolin in the house
D.T. in the house
Jolin in the house
D.T. in the house
Jolin in the house
D.T. in the house
Our love in the house

陶喆:
夏日的熱情打動春天的懶散 陽光照耀美滿的家庭
每一首情歌都會勾起回憶 想當年我是怎麼認識你

Jolin:
冬天的憂傷接續秋天的孤單 微風吹來枯了的思念
鳥兒的高歌唱著不要別離 此刻我多麼想要擁抱你

合唱:
聽我說手牽手 跟我一起走 過著安定的生活
昨天你來不及 明天就會可惜 今天你要嫁給我
聽我說手牽手 我們一起走 把你一生交給我
昨天不要回頭 明天要到白首 今天你要嫁給我

RAP:
叮咚 聽著禮堂的鍾聲 我們在上帝和親友面前見證
這對男女現在就要結為夫妻 不要忘了這一切是多麼的神聖
你願意生死苦樂永遠和他在一起
愛惜他 尊重他 安慰他 保護著他
兩人同心建立起美滿的家庭 你願意這樣做嗎? Yes,I do

合唱:
聽我說手牽手 一路到盡頭 把你一生交給我
昨天已是過去 明天更多回憶 今天你要嫁給我
今天你要嫁給我 今天你要嫁給我

No comments: