Friday, January 23, 2009

Independent woman :: Single ladies :: At last

It has been a troubling week to say the least. Lotsa stuff happened in the past four days. At some points the suspense was near breaking point, at other times the disappointment and unhappy stuff seemed too much to bear. But I promised myself and someone to not dwell too much on that, much less blog or talk about it on a public platform. After some pondering and self struggle, I decided to not partake in the gossip or lower myself to his/her/their level. As long as my conscience is clear and I did not do anything wrong or against my principles, I should not let others put me down. Therefore I shall leave the gossips be and move on with the more important stuff in my life, like important relationships and important ppl who have been there for me in the past couple of days.

BFF C and I were discussing a couple of songs which embodied our values and beliefs, ok ok, I am refering to gal power songs. Ha. BFF S had mentioned that maybe guys want gals who are needy and clingy and not the Independent Woman (aka us). I think that while this might be a generalisation, this might also be true to some extent. But in the first place, to what extent are we talking about being needy, clingy or even independent? I'm no feminist and I'm not ashamed to say that there should be some measure of neediness in a relationship - otherwise why be in a relationship when you are better off being Single Ladies? Friendship is much less complicated than a relationship as well. But I guess in the end it's really about the At Last part of the relationship which we look forward to, to find that special someone in the end who will be that "dream (we) can speak to".

P.s: I like the vid for At Last posted below, Beyonce singing while the Michelle and Barack Obama danced at the Inaugural Ball! :)

Happy Lunar New Year to one and all in advance! :)



Independent Woman Part I - Destiny's Child
Lucy Liu... with my girl, Drew... Cameron D. and Destiny
Charlie's Angels, Come on
Uh uh uh

Question: Tell me what you think about me
I buy my own diamonds and I buy my own rings
Only ring your cell-y when I'm feelin lonely
When it's all over please get up and leave
Question: Tell me how you feel about this
Try to control me boy you get dismissed
Pay my own fun, oh and I pay my own bills
Always 50/50 in relationships

1 -
The shoes on my feet
I've got it
The clothes I'm wearin
I've got it
The rock I'm rockin
I've got it
'Cause I depend on me
If I wanted
The watch you're wearin
I'll buy it
The house I live in
I've got it
The car I'm drivin
I've bought it
I depend on me
(I depend on me)

2 -
All the women who are independent
Throw your hands up at me
All the honeys who makin money
Throw your hands up at me
All the mommas who profit dollas
Throw your hands up at me
All the ladies who truly feel me
Throw your hands up at me

3 -
Girl I didn't know you could get down like that
Charlie, how your Angels get down like that
Girl I didn't know you could get down like that
Charlie, how your Angels get down like that

Tell me how feel about this
Who would I want if I would wanna live
I worked hard and sacrificed to get what I get
Ladies, it ain't easy bein independent
Question: How'd you like this knowledge that I brought
Braggin on that cash that he gave you is to front
If you're gonna brag make sure it's your money you flaunt
Depend on no one else to give you what you want

The shoes on my feet
I've got it
The clothes I'm wearin
I've got it
The rock I'm rockin
I've got it
'Cause I depend on me
If I wanted
The watch you're wearin
I'll buy it
The house I live in
I've got it
The car I'm drivin
I've bought it
I depend on me
(I depend on me)
All the women who are independent
Throw your hands up at me
All the honeys who makin money
Throw your hands up at me
All the mommas who profit dollas
Throw your hands up at me
All the ladies who truly feel me
Throw your hands up at me

Girl I didn't know you could get down like that
Charlie, how your Angels get down like that
Girl I didn't know you could get down like that
Charlie, how your Angels get down like that

Destiny's Child
Wassup?
You in the house?
Sure 'nuff
We'll break these people off Angel style

Bridge -
Child of Destiny
Independent beauty
No one else takes care of me
Charlie's Angels

Whoa
All the women who are independent
Throw your hands up at me
All the honeys who makin money
Throw your hands up at me
All the mommas who profit dollas
Throw your hands up at me
All the ladies who truly feel me
Throw your hands up at me

Girl I didn't know you could get down like that
Charlie, how your Angels get down like that
Girl I didn't know you could get down like that
Charlie, how your Angels get down like that
(repeat 'til fade)
Single Ladies (Put a ring on it) - Beyoncé
(Verse 1)

Up in the club (club), we just broke up (up)
I'm doing my own little thing
You decided to dip (dip), but now you want to trip (trip)
Cause another brother noticed me
I'm up on him (him), he up on me (me)
Don't pay him any attention
Cause I cried my tears (tears), for three good years (years)
You can't be mad at me

[Chorus]
Cause if you liked it then you should have put a ring on it
If you liked it then you should have put a ring on it
Don't be mad once you see that *he* want it
If you liked it then you should have put a ring on it


(2x) Wuh Uh Oh Uh Uh Oh Uh Oh Oh Uh Uh Oh

If you liked it then you should have put a ring on it
If you liked it then you should have put a ring on it
Don't be mad once you see that he want it
If you liked it then you should have put a ring on it

(Verse 2)

I got gloss on my lips (lips), a man on my hips (hips)
Hold me tighter than my Dereon jeans
Acting up (up), drink in my cup (cup)
I can care less what you think
I need no permission, did I mention
Don't pay him any attention
Cause you had your turn (turn)
But now you gon' learn
What it really feels like to Miss Bee

(Chorus)
Cause if you liked it then you should have put a ring on it
If you liked it then you should have put a ring on it
Don't be mad once you see that *he* want it
If you liked it then you should have put a ring on it

(2x's) Wuh Uh Oh Uh Uh Oh Uh Oh Oh Uh Uh Oh
(REPEAT)

(Bridge)

Don't treat me to these things of this world
I'm not that kind of girl
Your love is what I prefer, what I deserve
Here's a man that makes me then takes me
And delivers me to a destiny, to infinity and beyond
Pull me into your arms
Say I'm the one you own
If you don't, you'll be alone
And like a ghost, I'll be gone

All the single ladies (7x's)
Now put your hands up

(2x's) Wuh Uh Oh Uh Uh Oh Uh Oh Oh Uh Uh Oh

Wuh Uh Oh

(Chorus)
Cause if you liked it then you should have put a ring on it
If you liked it then you should have put a ring on it
Don't be mad once you see that he want it
If you liked it then you should have put a ring on it

(REPEAT CHORUS)

Wuh uh oh


At last - Beyoncé
At last, my love has come along
My lonely days are over
And life is like a song
Oh, yeah, at last
The skies above are blue
My heart was wrapped up in clovers
The night I looked at you
I found a dream that I could speak to
A dream that I can call my own
I found a thrill to rest my cheek to
A thrill that I have never known
Oh, yeah when you smile, you smile
Oh, and then the spell was cast
And here we are in heaven
For you are mine
At last

No comments: