Saturday, December 13, 2008

Till there was you

Been trying to put my thoughts down for the past few days, but the strain of grading has taken its toll and I often find myself still in work mode and slamming into the dreaded writer's block. But I shall give it a try anyways, to slowly ease myself into writing mode with some non work related stuff.

A couple of months back, while still in a bad place in my life, I had penned a sad, very personal entry asking when does love end? Did not think it was a good idea to publish it, and I do not think that I ever will. But on a happier note, I've moved on from that to asking myself these days: When does love begins? Of course the cynic in me makes light of the notion of romantic love, much to the chagrin of some ppl around me who are fervent supporters of that notion. While I still do not take back my skeptical stance, I think the past month has made me rethink the notion and what it means to me.

Again, names shall not be mentioned... yet, but close friends and family are keeping their fingers crossed for me, and I thank God for having such a great bunch of ppl ard me. I shan't go on espousing the numerous qualities which have attracted me, as well as touched me, but suffice to say that I've regained my balance in life these days, lesser roller coaster of emotions thanks to this new source of stability in my life these days, and a welcome one at that.

Friends have been badgering me about Zoukout: I think I will give Zoukout a miss (actually I've never been a Zoukout kinda gal) and sorry peepz, am taking myself off the guys' lists of dates for Christmas and NY parties this year as well. My 24th, 25th and 26th are booked by friends and family this year. :)


Finally grading's done, but I've a presentation to prepare for next Wed, Christmas shopping (Need to get a gift for an imaginary friend!) and back to more applications and thesis work!But since I need to get all these done, might as well get them done in a positive state of mind yea? :)

One my fav songs from my fav show in the 1990s (now tt period seems ages ago doesn't it?), a lovely song, simple and sweet. Can't find a clip of that online, so I shall make do with this version by the Beatles. Can't wait till we meet again! :)

Till There was You Lyrics
Artist(Band):The Beatles

There were bells on a hill
But I never heard them ringing
No I never heard them at all
Till there was you

There were birds in the sky
But I never saw them winging
No I never saw them at all
Till there was you

Then there was music and wonderful roses
They tell me in sweet fragrant meadows of dawn and dew

There was love all around
But I never heard it singing
No I never heard it at all
Till there was you

Then there was music and wonderful roses
They tell me in sweet fragrant meadows of dawn and dew

There was love all around
But I never heard it singing
No I never heard it at all
Till there was you

Till there was you

No comments: