Monday, September 29, 2008

Wake me up when Sept ends

After a week of endless mugging, which left me feeling slightly demoralised as the more I learn, the more I realise my inadequacies. Brain saturated with information left me with a bad case of information overload. But I was glad it was a week of self imposed exile well spent, though there's the niggling feeling at the back of my mind that I could have done more. I also had a crash course on the GP over the weekend from friends, though I passed on the F1 parties - somehow F1 and mugging mode dun really mesh well. Thanks for the invites though. :)

And before I know it, it's the end of September. It's been an eventful month, with crazy stuff happening in the beginning of the month, mid Autumn, school, work stuff, and then the crazy mugging sessions which are still on going. Think for myself it's been a a month of self doubt and uncertainty as well, grappling and coming to terms with certain issues. Some of them I will need some counsel from friends and family - will break the news to them soon and get their take and hopefully support and advice as well.

One thing I like about this time of the year - new seasons of old favs come back, in the form of Gossip Girl, Heroes and House. No spoilers here, but I will say that Gossip Girl satiates my appetite for fashion and music (they have a fantastic soundtrack!), Heroes satiates my appetite for my inner comic superhero and the tension between good and evil - and making difficult choices. House's brilliance and uncanny insight into human nature, not just the human condition, might need some getting used to, but good stuff there.

Just received an sms from a friend facing problems asking to meet on Wed for breakfast and a tete a tete session. Realise tt I might have been so wrapped up with stuff in my life tt I might have seemed unavailable for my friends. Feel bad - I am guilty of being one of those so wrapped up in our daily lives that we forget to stop and see if there are ppl ard us who need us.

I'm currently reading this fab book "Eat Pray Love" which received accolades from many women, including Toni Collete and Hilary Clinton, was featured on Oprah and there are talks of a Julia Roberts movie - am taking my time to savour this book, partly because I'm stuck at the food descriptions by the protagonist/author in Italy! Think BFF C made an apt and great read (so far)!

I like this quote about being alone after a failed relationship(s):
"When I get lonely these days, I think: So be lonely, Liz. Learn your way around loneliness. Make a map of it. Sit with it, for once in your life. Welcome to the human experience."

Another quote from Eat Pray Love, which kinda encapsulates the author's quinxotic writing style, which makes me break into smiles in between the sad bits.

Chapter (Bead): 27
Context: Liz and Sophie are at the Pizzeria da Michele in Naples eating their margherita pizza with double mozzarella.

"I love my pizza so much, in fact, that I have come to believe in my delirium that my pizza might actually love me, in return. I am having a relationship with this pizza..."

Now I really need to check out this Pizzeria de Michele!

No comments: