Sunday, July 6, 2008

Cards and stuff

Received a lovely card in the post from a friend which cheered mi considerably from the doldrums I've been in. I know that most of us use e-greetings these days, but I think for me, I'm still a pen and paper, real books which pages I can turn instead of e-texts kinda gal.

Feeling the pressure of presenting at my first conference; I've not packed, not even done up my slides and there's a tonne of work I've to clear before I leave next weekend! Am glad I'm on flu n cough medication, kinda numbs the panic that is rising. Heh. My weekend's been rather laidback so far, thanks to the medication, but I've been getting the rest that I badly need. And Sunday's gonna be an interesting day! :)

Anyways, about more positive stuff, I totally heart Ingrid Michaelson! While I love The Way I Am, I found another one of her duets with Joshua Rabin pretty cool too - check it out! :)



JOSHUA RADIN SKY (FEAT. INGRID MICHAELSON) LYRICS

I woke
Dreaming we had broke
Dreaming you left me
For someone new

And you cried
Drying those brown eyes
Crying you're sorry
Sorry won't do, but...

This is the way I need to wake
I wake to you
And you never left me
All that I'd dreamt had been untrue
Open my eyes
I see sky

Oh, oh, oh woah, you know
The way to keep me on my toes
I, I, I will be fine
Just say you'll stay forever mine
Till we fall asleep tonight

Last night
We had a great fight
I fell asleep in a horrible state
Then dreamt
That you loved my best friend
My heart would not mend
Seemed it was fake, but

This is the way I need to wake
I wake to you
And you never left me
All that I'd dreamt had been untrue
Open my eyes
I see sky

Oh, oh, oh woah, you know
The way to keep me on my toes
I, I, I will be fine
Just say you'll stay forever mine
'Til we fall asleep tonight

Sometimes I forget to
Love you like I should
But I'd never leave you
No, I never would
I never would

Oh, oh, oh woah, you know
The way to keep me on my toes
I, I, I will be fine
Just say you'll stay forever mine

Oh, oh, oh woah, you know
The way to keep me on my toes
I, I, I will be fine
Just say you'll stay forever mine
'Til we fall asleep tonight
'Til we fall asleep tonight

No comments: