Friday, June 20, 2008

Those were the best days of my life


Finally met up with the Pri Sch bunch tonite, it was great meeting them after a break of a couple of years, as we usually only meet up when BFF P is in town during her hols, and I missed the last one. Think they are the only bunch of friends who stay near me or around the area. It was an interesting gathering tonight, BFF P and BMF T were there, whom I've not caught up with in ages! And my Pri School crush was present too! :)


We spent hours catching up at Cafe Cartel, reminisced about the good old days and even planned our next gathering before parting ways. It feels good to leave reminding each other "Eh, see ya in two weeks ok!" I am amazed at the repository of information from 16 years past which we still share among us which became more and more evident as the evening progressed and we started on the days long past, about our primary school, our form teachers, even the library. I was also taken by surprise how much I've forgotten about that period, especially the details, though the friendships forged then still remains strong till today. Think it's the shared sense of history as well as the P4 streaming and P6 PSLE bootcamps we went through together which really drew us closer and formed the basis of many memories which we recollected today as a group.

In the still of tonight, I am struck by a sudden pang of hankering of simpler days which have long gone past. I'm glad to have made such friendships, which I often half jest have lasted longer than some marriages. I'm grateful for the solid friendships which keep me anchored in this crazy world. Can't wait for July 3! :)

Meanwhile, the lyrics of this song perfectly echoes my sentiment of that time of my life.

"Oh when I look back now - that summer seemed to last forever
And if I had a choice, yeah, I'd always wanna be there
Those were the best days of my life."


No comments: