Wednesday, June 4, 2008

The Billionaire Universities

Interesting article, esp since in Spore parents select certain schools to get their kids into, though we might be a little cramped for choices when it comes to local Universities. I wonder if this applies for grad schools too. Ha. ;P

According to this article, it's the usual list of suspects : Harvard, Stanford, U Penn, Yale, Columbia, etc. A v valid point which was raised in the article was not just about the great education that the students receive, but also more often than not, the networking opportunities, or the meeting of great minds which take place there.

Just got an email asking me to speak about the Second Life experience I had for the last semester, nothing's set in stone yet, but I think it's good that we are heading in this direction! Okies, totally unrelated, but even the latest upcoming season of CSI:NY has an episode on Second Life related crime!

2 comments:

Priscilla said...

I definately agree on the networking part. There was another article closer to the Singapore context about hawkers and bankers. Discuss again when I see you!

StarryNite said...

@ priscilla: Really? Reminds me of some work done on networks - the strength of ties as well as the importance of networks. something which I myself also neglect quite a fair bit though, admittedly. Okies, shall talk more when we next meet babe! ;)